Here's the long awaited last post for this blog.
I just finished e-mailing in the documents for my internship and I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. Certain aspects of this internship are wrapping up, and others are just beginning.
I want to say that this internship was an amazing success that has given me the tools to create something positive, both for myself and the women in Tukamwaune.
I spent the last weeks running around very busily trying to collect "all of the data i needed" while implementing the final stages of my internship in Tanzania. Looking back, I'd have to say that despite the time and health constraints (68 days did not seem like nearly enough), I did enough to lay the groundwork for some seriously productive actions to take place, as well as furthered certain projects that were on running when I got there.
This internship gave me the opportunity to go into "the field" and collect original data for a project which was primarily run for the purposes of benefitting the women of Tukamwaune. In that sense, the internship was a great symbiosis between both myself and the women's collective: We will both benefit positively from the work I carried out there.
Within the next couple of months, I plan on finalizing the results of my study which will look at communication between WHE and Tukamwaune, and suggest way forwards that foster inclusivity and clarity so that both parties can optimize on their richness of relationships and resources.